How to be an great Co-Host
8 Ways to help make the Chat forum a rockin’ success!
If you have the opportunity to be a guest host for a chat forum, I highly recommend it! It’s a great experience and the best way to get more followers engaged with the weekly forum – without guest hosts the forum usually won’t get the exposure and credibility it deserves.
Here’s how to be an effective and engaging guest co-host:
- Most important!! Get the word out! A chat forum can’t be successful without members joining in – Tell your followers the date, time and theme of the chat. Encourage friends, followers and the public to join in and ask questions, to include photos, videos, blog posts and stories about the theme!
- Tell everyone to tag their tweets with #SkiChat
- Retweet the hosts tweets/posts and then think of creative ways to post about the theme in your own words
- Encourage everyone to submit questions before the chat session – tell them where to go to post questions before the session starts: http://liveskichat.skichatblog.com/topic/6/spotlight-on-shaun-white-for-ski-chat-sunday/
- Tweet the guidelines or “how to” of the forum page at least once before the chat: http://skichatblog.com/blog/ski-chat-forum-how-to/
- Include your own content! Always include posts of what you think is awesome or important about the theme of the day!
- During the chat RT members posts & make encouraging comments
- At the end of the chat, thank everyone who joined in – individually is best but you can do multiple @mentions per tweet
That’s really all there is! It’s simple but crucial to the success and visibility of the days event. If you do guest host, my deepest appreciation and thanks because it means you believe the content and theme is important! So, Thank You in advance!